This weekend I plan to bring the message, “Trusting God Against All Odds” from Judges 7:1-25; communion will follow. Are you going through a difficult challenge in your life? Then this is the message for you. Please read through the attached Digging Deeper notes before Sunday to get the most out of the message.
- Prayer meeting – 8:30am in Room 101
- Sunday School – 9:30am (Three adult electives)
- Church – 10:30am
Alarming News (Mobile Abortion Clinics coming to our community soon)
This morning while watching the Dove TV out of Medford (www.thedove.us), it was reported that the Oregon State Legislature is in the process of approving mobile abortion clinics that will target Oregon’s rural communities and communities of color. That means the State of Oregon will try using the back door to get abortion clinics into our community. As I learn more, I will pass the information on to you.
Note: I have passed this information on to our local evangelical pastors.
Shore Acres Hosting Tonight
Shoreline Community Church will be hosting at the Shore Acres Christmas Lights tonight. So far, six of our hosts have informed us that they are unable to attend. Question: Are any of you interested in helping out tonight? If so, please call myself or Pastor Dave Rymer at 541-808-0902. You can also let me know by replying to this email.
Our only Bible study this week the Foundations Class I teach at 10:00am tomorrow (Friday). Foundations is a study in systematic theology, tomorrow we will be discussing the doctrine of the resurrection. I hope you can join us for an interesting discussion.
Ladies Night Out
Our next “Ladies Night Out” is scheduled for 6:00pm Friday, January 6th at the church, we hope you can join the ladies of Shoreline for an evening of fun and fellowship!
Our next Men’s Breakfast is scheduled for 9:00am Saturday, January 7th at the church. Men can come expecting lots of tasty food along with some great fellowship and a good discussion.
Mission 119:11 – Resumes 6:30pm Next Wednesday
Mission 119:11 is our Mid-week Children’s ministry and will resume at the church 6:30pm Wednesday, this ministry is for children preschool through 6th grade. Mission 119:11 is a play on Psalm 119:11 ~ “Your word I have hidden in my heart, that I might not sin against You.” Please bring your children, grandchildren and neighborhood children to this exciting ministry.
Annual Church Business Meeting
Our Annual Church Business Meeting is scheduled for Sunday, January 29th (15 minutes after the church service). At this meeting we will give the church a brief update on the ministry, affirm elders and deacons as well as affirming our 2023 church budget. We hope you can join us.
All Small Groups Resume Next Week
How about making a New Year’s resolution to join one of the following Bible studies groups?
· 9:00am Sundays ~ “The Book Of 2 Samuel” ~ Joe Walker @ Shoreline
· 9:00am Sundays ~ “The Gospel of John” ~ Bill Tomlinson @ Shoreline
· 9:00am Sundays~ “Radical Christianity”~ Dave Rymer @ Shoreline
· 10:00am Mondays ~ Women’s Bible Study (The Books of 1 & 2 Timothy and Titus) ~ Joy Bridgham @ Kaffe 101 in Coos Bay
· 6:00pm Mondays ~ “Bulletproof” (Middle School Discipleship) ~ Jessie Barnard @ Shoreline
· 9:00am Tuesdays ~ “Oregon Coast MOPS” – Mothers Of Preschoolers (1st and 3rd Tuesdays) ~ Rebecca Emas @ Shoreline
· 6:30pm Tuesdays ~ Coast Guard/Young Adult Bible Study Fellowship – “2nd Samuel” ~ Mike Barnard @ Shoreline
· 10:00am Wednesdays ~ “Revealing Revelation Women’s Study” ~ Jessie Barnard (Home study in North Bend)
· 6:30pm Wednesdays ~ “The Book Of Psalms & The Harmony Of The Gospels” ~ Larry Pierce @ the Shoreline Office
· 6:00pm Wednesdays ~ “The Book Of Proverbs” ~ Frank DeSpain (Home study in North Bend.)
· 4:00pm Thursdays ~ “Life Group” (Discuss Sermon Digging Deeper notes) ~ Tom Trammel @ Shoreline
· 6:00pm Thursdays ~ “Life Group” (Discuss Sermon Digging Deeper notes) ~ Kip Johnson @ Shoreline
· 6:30pm Thursdays ~ “Christian Ethics” at the home of Dave and Madge Osborn with Desmond Hangana teaching. (Home Study in Coos Bay)
· 10:00am Fridays ~ “Foundations ~ A Study In Systematic Theology” (DVD/Discussion) ~ Mike Barnard @ Shoreline
· 11:45pm Fridays ~ “Rays Of Hope” (Grief Support Group for Widows) ~ Carolyn Abel/Royce Bog @ Shoreline
· 7:00pm Fridays ~ “Solid Ground” (11th &12th Grade High School Discipleship) ~ Jessie Barnard @ Shoreline
What a blessing it’s been to serve with you these past 16 years. Cheryl and I wish each of you a Happy 2023 as we move into another exciting year of ministry at Shoreline. Keep pressing on for Jesus!
In Christian love,
Michael J. Barnard
Teaching God’s Word, loving the people!