Mission 119:11 is Shoreline’s mid-week ministry for children 3 years old through 6th Grade. This is an exciting new ministry that grounds children in their Christian faith while they are also having a great time at club. Mission 119:11 has been a year in the making and in many ways is similar to what the old Awana ministry used to be like. Mission 119:11 meets weekly during the school year from 6:30-8:10PM on Wednesdays at Shoreline Community Church. You can register your child for this high-energy children’s ministry here. The key verse of Mission 119:11 is Psalm 119:11 ~ “Your word I have hidden in my heart, that I might not sin against You.”
Mission 119:11 combines the excitement of four-way team competition with a thorough Bible study + memory program, encouraging children to grow spiritually and leaving them eager to return each week for more. Club activities are divided into three main segments: Handbook, Council, and Game Times.
During Small Group Time the clubbers meet with assigned leaders in a small group setting, allowing leaders to disciple children on a more individual basis. As the children listen to Bible study sections and gain understanding of the verses they are memorizing, healthy relationships form with each other and with their leader. This is also an opportune time for leaders to answer questions about the Bible lesson and to share the Good News of Jesus with the children.
Large Group Time is when the entire club meets together for music, singing, a Bible Lesson, Gospel presentation, testimonies, award presentations and announcements.
Game Time features a variety of fun games. It’s a refreshing, high-energy period that children love and look forward to each week.
What are some Mission 119:11 distinctives?
- Children will not only learn the Gospel message, but they will learn how to share the Gospel with other children by using such tools as the Wordless Book and Romans Road.
- The children will learn to understand their identity in Christ.
- Mission 119:11 will team up with Voice of the Martyrs “Kids Of Courage” in helping the children come to understand some of the challenges in missions.
- The older children will learn about theology (“The study of God”), Apologetics (“Defending their faith”), and world views they will face in life.
- NOTE: Data gathered by the Barna Research Group indicates that most children will die with the beliefs they have gathered by the time they are 13 years old. It is our goal to our children on solid Biblical ground early.
Which Mission 119:11 club will your child attend?
- Officers: 3 year olds through kindergarten. Officers must be 3 years old at the beginning of the club year to participate.
- Deputies: 1st -3rd Grade
- Troopers: 4th – 6th Grade NOTE: Mission 119:11 uses an investigative theme as children investigate the truths of God’s Word.
Ready to join? Register your child for our 2019-20 Mission 119:11 Clubs here.