What can you expect from church finances at Shoreline Community Church?
- SCC doesn’t have offering plates and seldom mentions money or finances unless it is in the scriptural text being studied that day.
- Offering boxes are located at the rear of the Sanctuary so that one needn’t feel obligated to give.
- People give tithes and offerings because they want to, not because they feel pressured.
- Occasional (blue box) “love offerings” are established to support missionaries and church families in need.
- Shoreline Community Church has a large Finance Committee from the congregation that works hand-in-hand with the church Elders to set the annual budget.
- The Finance Committee meets monthly to examine every expenditure from the previous month and to plan for future purchases.
- SCC books are open to any member or regular attender who would like to see them. (wow)
- SCC protects individual privacy. We do not disclose individual giving information publicly — only the Lord knows and our bookkeeper. By design, the Pastor and Elders are not aware of individual giving; this is a hedge against potential favoritism.
- Counting of offering box contents is done by two counters and is verified.
- SCC financial books are reviewed annually by an independent (outside) reviewer to assure church accounting procedures are correct.
- We take the Lord’s money seriously and realize it comes from your sacrificial giving, thank you for your support of the ministry at Shoreline!
Should you chose to give online, please do not go into debt to contribute. We do not believe Christians should live in financial debt.
“Owe no one anything, except to love each other, for the one who loves another has fulfilled the law.” Romans 13:8
“On the first day of every week, each one of you should set aside a sum of money in keeping with his income, saving it up, so that when I come no collections will have to be made.” 1 Corinthians 16:2
You can make a one-time gift or use the system to set up recurring giving using a credit / debit card or bank draft. Click here to find out how.
Each gift is tax deductible, Shoreline Community Church is 501(c)(3) qualified.