TruthQuest is Shoreline’s Children’s Ministry!
“TruthQuest” and “Awana” are the primary teaching ministries for children at Shoreline Community Church providing ministry for children from birth through sixth grade. Children participate in a loving, nurturing, and age-appropriate environment. Various special outreaches during the year introduce children to Jesus and compliment our two primary ministries as we seek to change young lives into Christ-likeness.
“Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it.” ~ Proverbs 22:6
What to expect from Children’s Ministry at Shoreline Community Church?
- A family oriented church with a major emphasis on Children’s Ministry
- A Christ-centered, biblically oriented curriculum for children
- A place where every child is loved and taught in such a way as to help parents develop children to their full potential in Christ
- Sunday school classes that teach the truths of the Christian faith in an understandable and age appropriate way
- An exciting Awana Ministry with lots of activities for children 3 years old through 6th Grade Wednesday evenings (following the school calendar)
- A week long Vacation Bible School every summer
- Special children and family oriented activities throughout the year
- Camp Good News
- Quality teachers and Awana leaders who have undergone thorough background checks
- The intent to see leadership skills developed in children by encouraging them serve in various capacities once they are ready
- Bulletproof discipleship series for the serious 4th-6th Grade students
- A child who can’t wait to get back to TruthQuest or Awana the following week!
VISION STATEMENT: Our VISION is to see every child trained to know God and His Word personally through Inductive Bible Study, and to know how to defend his or her faith confidently at a young age.
PURPOSE STATEMENT: The PURPOSE of TruthQuest is to equip our children to study God’s Word and investigate His Truth with excitement. It is our desire to see each child fall in love with Jesus, to learn how to defend his or her faith without hesitation, becoming spiritual leaders in the next generation.